Wednesday, February 06, 2008

simple happiness
simple things have been making me happy, and i thought to record them to get better insight into the ways of these things.

  • i passed a woman on my bike whose coat caught my eye. the closer i got, the more i liked the coat. i caught myself thinking it, and wondered whether i shouldn't just tell her i liked her coat. while riding past her i turned around and told her i liked her coat. She smiled, and i was happy. happy i shared that thought instead of keeping it inside. Happy that it brought a smile to her face early in the morning. Happy to appreciate beautiful things.
  • i was happy to receive a cd from my love - the music has been making me happy, his thought to buy it and leave it in my postbox unannounced made me happy. it still does.
  • i am always happy to hear the birds sing. the gradual increase of chattering and singing bird sounds that this season brings makes me happy.
  • recognising and appreciating the humour and art of a dated Visconti movie made me happy.

No comments: