Friday, January 18, 2008

The Sanctuary, in Poetry and Music
i haven't been posting, and there's no real reason.
Perhaps i haven't been delving too much.
Perhaps that shouldn't say Perhaps.
Yesterday night found me reading a few rubaiyat by Khayyam, in the flicker of candlelight, and in the warmth of sounds from my stereo.

My eyes were letting in:

No one can understand
that which is full of mystery. One cannot
see what is hiding behind outward appearances. All
our dwellings are temporary, except the last: the earth.
Drink wine! Stop your superfluous reasoning.

And my ears were letting in:
Don't let your mind get weary and confused
Your will be still, don't try
Don't let your heart get heavy child
Inside you there's a strength that lies

Don't let your soul get lonely child
It's only time, it will go by
Don't look for love in faces, places
It's in you, that's where you'll find kindness
Be here now

Don't lose your faith in me
And I will try not to lose faith in you
Don't put your trust in walls
'Cause walls will only crush you when they fall
Be here now

Oh what beauty in such a night. from my Sanctuary to yours.
thinking of you.
with an s.

1 comment:

Nynke Kruiderink said...

Thank you for reminding me how I would ideally like to spend my evenings!